Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's a GIRL!!!

Holy cow, we're going to be the parents of 5 GIRLS!!!  

My four girls were ECSTATIC, to say the least. Boys are apparently not welcome here. My hubby was, honestly, a little shocked! He's not sad that he's having a daughter, but kind of bummed that he'll never have a son. ('Cause this is it, folks.  The baby factory will be closing!)  Today at church, a teenage boy gave a short talk on his weekend campout with his dad. Rod told me later he was thinking, I'll never get to do that. And he was a little bummed. There are no father/son campouts in his future. 

So I found this consoling article for my hubby called 7 Scientific Reasons To Have Daughters. Check it out! Among the list is the fact that for each daughter a man has, he lives a little over a year longer.  So my hubby just added about 6 years to his life! Not bad, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Audrey was bummed it's a girl, I think she wanted Caitlin to experience what it's like to have a brother- ya know, so they could bond over annoying brothers. She's probably also a little jealous that she doesn't have sisters. ...
    Cool article though! so does having boys take away years? !

    ReplyDelete