Thursday, May 22, 2014

BEST pregnancy book ever!



 Move over, What To Expect Books, my favorite book for us preggers is The Natural Pregnancy Book by Aviva Jill Romm.  It's awesome! And it's not just for homebirthers, either.  Any pregnant woman having ANY kind of birth will love this book.  

I am a library sort of person.  I rarely, rarely, RARELY, ever buy books.  I LOVE books, and if I bought them all, they'd be spilling out of my ears. So I just don't buy a book unless I feel I NEED it. I bought this one several years ago, and would buy it again. Nutrition, exercise, and herbs take center stage in this book as Ms. Romm details general recommendations, nutritional know-how, and helpful herbals for common & not-so-common pregnancy issues.  Everything from morning sickness to anxiety to edema and everything in between is covered.  Recipes for nourishing pregnancy teas, iron tonics, and other herbals are included as well.  Herbs that shouldn't be used in pregnancy, as well as the most helpful pregnancy ones, are also included.  In short, it's just what the sorta-a-hippy pregnant lady ordered.

Oh, and just what qualifications does Ms. Romm have to write this book? She's not just some crazy herb lady, people! She's went to Yale, became a doctor, is an herbalist (hello- she's a former president of the American Herbalists Guild), and a midwife.  You can check out more about her on her website. She knows her stuff, and that alone makes this a great book- the info you're getting is real and solid stuff. Which it needs to be, because you can't just go trusting any old anything when it comes to your body and your baby!

And on an unrelated note, my next post will be about the placenta....and what you can do with it!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    Pregnancy Guide

    ReplyDelete