Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just for Fun

 We all think Hollywood is a little Hollywierd- who honestly thinks celebs are "normal?" But these ladies- who have every option available to them when it comes to birth and healthcare- chose to have their babies at home:

Famous People who have had babies at home:

Demi Moore 

Meryl Streep

Joely Fisher: 
"I had this miraculous birth...I decided to have her at home and had a lot of friends around, and of course, her father was there. And of course, the doctor, the doula, the midwife, the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker."

Julianne Moore

Pamela Anderson

Gisele Bundchen:
 "Giving birth was the most intense and life-changing experience of my life. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to deliver at home, surrounded by love and where I felt safe. It was a really great experience. I never felt so vulnerable but so strong at the same time."
 
Ricki Lake

Woody Harrelson's wife, Laura Louie

Jennifer Connelly

Maria Bello:
"I remember the night he was born.  It was 22 hours of labor and a thunderstorm with nothing more than an aspirin. I never felt so much love and fear at the same time... I had a midwife, and after 12 hours I said, 'We’re going to stay here and stick it out.' Believe me, there were times where I wanted to say, 'Get the ambulance — I’m done.' But then I thought, 'I can do anything for 24 hours' and it was almost exactly 24 hours."

Cindy Crawford

Jim Gaffigan's wife

Alyson Hannigan: 
"It wasn’t something I knew I was going to do before I got pregnant, but once I was pregnant, I did more research, and I watched The Business of Being Born, and that sealed the deal. It’s not the right choice for everyone, but it definitely was for me. I never wavered on it. I knew if I needed to go to the hospital I would, but thankfully everything went well, and it was a magnificent experience."

Alanis Morrisette

Evan Rachel Wood

Erykah Badu: 
"Maybe to some it's scary, but preparation is the whole key. I expected success and health, so I made sure I surrounded myself with it. By the time I had my third baby, childbirth seemed a very natural part of life to me."

Thandi Newton

Nelly Furtado

Evangeline Lilly: 
 "We decided to have the baby at home because we wanted it to be a natural birth, and it turns out that it was 30 hours of natural."

1 comment: